Pages

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Sniff Testing



If someone would’ve told me that I would spend so much time in terror of changing my own child’s diaper, I’d have believed them but I would’ve figured it was because of it being soiled, I mean who really likes to have to be elbow deep in poop?  Especially when you are not being paid.  No one told me of the possibility of my child throwing a class one fit every time I change her diaper.  This normally even tempered angel practically makes herself hyperventilate by crying so hard every single time I place her down on that changing pad (any changing pad).  I can’t even unbutton her to check her diaper without the wailing starting, I have come to the conclusion that my child would rather be left alone in her own mess.
Our last bit of Swaddlers until we move on to the other diapers.
For my husband his saving grace is the diapers we are using.  Pampers Swaddlers.  I bought them on sale months ago and was pleasantly surprised when our hospital was using them also when I gave birth.  I had no idea about the color change strip on the outside (goes from yellow to blue when wet) and while at first I thought it was pretty gimmicky it’s become a saving grace.  My husband’s greatest dread is when we run out and have to use the boxes of Costco diapers we got as gifts and he is going to have to do more than just a quick visual inspection.


Now for me the diapers don’t matter, yes the color changing makes it easier for a guy that would’ve probably otherwise found ways to get out of checking and changing diapers.  However since Baby Bird even fusses when her onesie is unbuttoned or her pj’s are unzipped I’ve found using my nose more and more effective.  As weird as it sounds or looks I sniff my Little Birds butt to avoid unnecessary depantsing.  Really why upset her unless I really have to, I am just hoping as she gets older changings will be less traumatic and I don’t even want to think how potty training will go.

No comments:

Post a Comment